Friday, April 21

All Quiet on the Western Front

Today was my final day of house-sitting, and I decided to celebrate...
I went to Einstein Bros. bagel shop and sat outside. The weather was a kind of warm cold humid, making it ideal to sit outside. I picked up a book at the Borders Express last night, Anthony Bourdain: A Cook's Tour, which is delightfully smart and harsh. I sat outside and read while I smoked the author's select choice of cigarette. I read and occasionally listened to my fellow diners conversations, all in Spanish (of course). Einstein's offers a delectable flavor of coffee called Choco Java. It is very bold, with strong undernotes of dark rich chocolate, and very wonderful. A little milk made this experience amazing. The first chapter in the book described Bourdain's journey to Portugal where he witnessed the slaughter of a pig, and then his enjoyment of the massive meal that followed. His descriptions drip flavor and witty sarcasm, and I love both. I can't get enough of the guy. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys laughing and imagining exotic places with food to die for. You should also catch his show on the Travel Channel.
Everyone have a marvellous weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >