Sunday, April 23

Thank You For Smoking

Thank You For Smoking is probably the most clever movie ever. This much sarcasm should be illegal. It has so many great parts and it is impossible to just remember one. A few lines I took away from the movie include Nick Naylor's discussion with the movie producer Jeff Megal about the need to put more cigarette smoking in movies.

Nick Naylor: Now what we need is a smoking role model. A real winner.
Jeff Megal: Indiana Jones meets Jerry Maguire
Nick Naylor: Right, on two packs a day.

...and also a bit before this discussion...

Jeff Megal: Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.
Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megal: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megal: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. "Thank god we invented the... you know, whatever device."

I found these quotes on IMDB's website. This only goes to show that it is impossbile to remember everything good in the movie, because there was so much. I do think the main characters name being Nick is because of "Nicotine". I figured that bit out by myself. Robert Duvall is great, and the fact that he is a smoking Christian makes me all giddy inside. And William Macy is good in everything, also Sam Elliot. I kept waiting for Sam Elliot to say, "Any of you sons of bitches calls me grampa, I'll kill ya." Or, "how do you know what kind of a goddamn day it is?" Oh yeah and then there was that loud guy from spiderman in the movie too, the guy who is super obnoxious, and super funny. Ha! dude, great movie...great movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >