Monday, May 1

In order to reminisce

Do you ever stop to think about people long lost in a past life?
I often find myself meditating on things that were once an integral part of my existence, but now are nowhere to be found. People who dramatically altered my way of viewing the world have disappeared as if they never existed. My mind was filled with damn factual information from people who were untouched by chaos, quite contrary to myself. As I continually grew in knowledge I wandered around in need of better mentors, individuals to take me under their arm and guide me to things unseen. I found many mentors, all perfect in every way, that forcefully renewed my current sense of being. These people opened my eyes and I followed them everywhere and anywhere knowing full well that another guide was not too far off. It is a wonder that I have survived the journeys. My heart grew so attached to every new mentor, and as each mentor was replaced my heart was torn out and replaced too. These journeys have led me to places never imagined. As a little boy holding the hand of strength, desparate for guidance, I have grown into the resemblance of those god-like guides. My hands now hold the shivering, quaking hand of uncertainty. A new life depends on my unwavering path and my intricate knowledge of life's dangerous ways. But as every guide must ask himself, "Do I really know the path?", "Can I lead my followers to the destination?" No guide truly knows, all the guide must know is that he needs to lead his followers to the destination and once the destination is reached another guide will take over. Do the job right and you will not regret it.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger wellis68 said...

Great stuff man, I like your blog!

In the last 40-50 years the art of mentoring and following has been greatly neglected in our culture and worst of all in the Church. The more individualistic and autonamous we become the more we start to live like we're alone. God never meant for us to live this way. We're not just responsible for ourselves but for literally everyone (of course there are degrees of responsebility). It is awesome that you have not tried to live alone in the past and that you have done something to remember those who have brought you thus far. And now in your time of "uncertainty" may you continue to reach for guiding hands, always remembering that you are not made to live alone.

Shalom,
Wes
(you know me from Joel's house...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >