Monday, January 24

remember

Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here; Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose Heart is kind beyond all measure, give unto each day what He deems best; Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest.

Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me with a special mercy for each hour; All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me, He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r. The protection of His child and treasure, is a charge that on Himself He laid; "As your days, your strength shall be in measure," this the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in ev'ry tribulation, so to trust Your promises, O Lord; That I lose not faith's sweet consolation, offered me within Your holy Word. Help me Lord when toil and trouble meeting, e'er to take , as from a Father's hand, one by one, the days, the moments fleeting, till I reach the promised land.

-Lina Sandell Berg (1832- 1903), Sweden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >