Sunday, February 27

"Smile like you mean it"

I don't know if you have ever heard a song from the band, The Killers, but I they are my newest addiction. I am sure you have heard a song, they are all over the radio now, kind of pisses me off, but not too much. I personally never listen to the radio, except for an occasional smidge here and there. I enjoy the smooth jazz and classical stations we have, and I have recently started listening to Jimmy Akin's talk show on Saturdays. But that's besides the point, if you haven't listened to The Killers then I must tell you that you are missing out. They are just about the catchiest thing this side of Muse, and that is something special. "Mr. Brightside" is their most famous song and it's the one all over the radio. I hate the radio, no reason in particular, other than because most music on it sucks. But if you happen to hear "Comin out of my cage and I've been doin just fine, gotta gotta be down, because I want it all..." then turn that stuff up, and bob your head from left to right. It's feel-good music. When something is catchy, the lyrics could be about death and guts, but you still bob your head and smile, like Alkaline Trio for instance. Every time I listen to their CD, "Good Mourning", I always sing along and smile. It's just the right thing to do, even though the first song is about slitting your throat and laying in your blood. Is there anything more joyful and happy than that? But it doesn't matter thanks to the extreme catchiness.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

what do you mean?

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an odd take on Mr. Brightside given that it's a heartbreaking song about a guy thinking about his girl who is now with another man.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

hmmm...but it's so darn catchy, thats the point. I tried to convey that with my Alkaline Trio example.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >