Tuesday, February 1

J-V Basketball, ha! I'll tell ya

This year I am on the Basketball team. Myself and 5 other guys. We usually play teams with a little over 10 people, one team had like 16. Now, when our small team walks in (literally short, skinny, and small) it's a little intimidating. I am always the biggest guy out there, so far, but I know there are a couple of teams with some crazy tall players. So, always I get nervous for my team because I know they look at the other teams and think, "Crap we are going to die." But so far we haven't and we actually haver won everyone of our games. 2-0 goodness. Our team is a shining example of God's Providence. If you look at us we are a site. We have one guy named Eric, a good friend of mine, who is slightly autistic, if not fully. That's a story in and of itself. Another kid, named Ethan, is basicly deaf. Coach Moya has to shout at him as hard as he can for him to hear directions in the game. John, who no joke, is about 4'7'', can shoot. His brother Mark, who is 5'1'', can spin. This guy named Robert has the only "baller" skills on the team, but he is so skinny I get scared he will break, and he can sink three's like nobody's buisiness. The there is me, the 6'3'' lumbering giant, sprinting back and forth from net to net, rebounding, assisting, doing whatever my bigness enables me to do for my team, which unfortunately never feels like enough, because I have a horrible shot percentage, it sucks. Our team is pretty good, but I wonder what's going to happen when we play a team that has more than 1 or 2 really good guys, I think we might be in trouble, but God helps. If God wanted us too, we could take on the L.A. Lakers, that's right, the L.A. Lakers. L.A. here we come! You ain't got nothin on us! Look out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

> >